"A Child Has Been Placed With Me And I Need Support."
The CEDARS Foster Care team has you covered. We know that having a child suddenly come into your home can be surprising, emotional and maybe daunting. The challenges faced by families caring for a relative or a child known to them are unique. That’s why we’d like to offer you a gift basket of essentials to help with this important transition.
CEDARS is proud to support homes just like yours. CEDARS foster families enjoy:
- 24/7 support
- Immediate response to phone calls and requests
- 3 days of respite per month, paid for and supported by CEDARS
- Assistance with transportation
- Low caseloads with a CEDARS staff member assigned to your home who will initiate frequent quality communication
- Competitive monthly stipends
- Exceptional initial and ongoing training provided year-round
- Strong advocates for both foster parents and children
- Affiliation with a 68-year organization in Lincoln with 147 years of combined staff experience
- A strong community network of foster parents
- A mentoring program for teen foster youth
- Monthly networking events
Because we understand the unique needs of caring for a child you know or who is related to you, we are committed to walking alongside you as you discover your own strengths, develop your network of resources and identify strategies to help your child achieve permanency.