Critical Services for Kids During COVID-19
These truly are unprecedented times. Safety of our staff and the kids and families we serve remains our number one priority. CEDARS is needed now more than ever and I am so grateful to this community for stepping up to help us continue to care for kids and families.
We continue to make adjustments and modify the delivery of services to kids and families:
- Thanks to the generosity of this community and a lot of hard work from our staff, we expanded our shelter to allow for proper social distancing and comfortable isolation for youth if necessary.
- We still have space for more kids in our nationally accredited early childhood development center near 27th and Holdrege. Our staff are ready to help working families by caring for their kids in our center while they must work.
An update about our foster care team:
- This incredibly dedicated team continues to deliver an unmatched level of support to foster families.
- They have risen to the occasion, working diligently to maintain consistent contact with our foster parents and youth.
- They have adapted and continue to meet family’s needs during this time via regular telephone or video contact and have even hosted virtual hangouts to provide tips for staying connected—with each other and with biological families—during this time.
- Our remarkable education specialist is working passionately with families to support kids’ educational needs while at home.
- Thank you to all of our foster families for their incredible work during this time, going above and beyond to care for kids who need it most.
There is an urgent need for foster families. Every month, we must turn away dozens of kids because of a lack of foster parents. As we make our way through this difficult time, the need for foster families will only increase. As a foster parent, you can make a real and lasting difference in the life of a kid who needs hope for their future. And CEDARS will be with you every step of the way. If it is in your heart, please let us know you are interested in fostering.
CEDARS President Jim Blue gives and update on intensified services for families during COVID-19.
CEDARS Nationally Accredited Child Care Center Intensifies Efforts to Help Working Families Through This Crisis
The COVID-19 pandemic has upended all of our lives. But our community is strong and we will get through this together.
For over 70 years, this community has rallied around CEDARS to help us care for kids and families who need it most. Even in this time of uncertainty, CEDARS is committed to continuing critical services like emergency shelter and child care.
CEDARS operates a nationally accredited, fully licensed early childhood development center in the heart of Lincoln and we want you to know that we are currently enrolling new students whose parents are unable to keep them home during this time. Our community’s healthcare workers, first responders, and essential workers are being called upon to help our community, and we want to help by safely caring for their children while they are at work.
At CEDARS Early Childhood Development Center, parents can count on:
- Strict adherence to 10 person limit for social distancing
- Screenings daily upon arrival to ensure health
- Compliance with all CDC guidelines for personal hygiene and cleaning/disinfecting recommendations
- Nationally accredited and fully licensed facility
- Educated and experienced teachers
- Strong focus on social and emotional development
- Title XX accepted; please contact CEDARS for more information as scholarships are also available
If you or someone you know is in need of childcare during this time, please contact CEDARS at 402-437-8853 or fill out our online enrollment inquiry.
CEDARS Needs Your Help To Care For Kids During COVID-19
Please watch this urgent message from CEDARS President Jim Blue to learn what CEDARS is doing to continue to provide critical services to kids during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Read More About The Urgent Need For Your Support
Safety of our employees and the kids and families we serve is—and will always be—our number one priority. We are taking this seriously and closely monitoring news related to COVID-19. CEDARS is following recommendations from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), as well as local, state and federal governments.
In this time of uncertainty, CEDARS vital services are needed now more than ever. We are learning right alongside you as we navigate this together. We are proud of the work we continue to do here at CEDARS and the decisions we are making.
Even as we face this public health crisis, the needs of the kids and families CEDARS serves continues. Our staff is working diligently to keep kids and families in our care safe, and healthy. As you might imagine, we have had to make several operational adjustments in the past days and weeks, and will continue to make more changes as needed.
CEDARS operates Southeast Nebraska’s only emergency shelter for youth. It has been core to our mission since CEDARS was founded in 1947 and continues to be critical for this community.
The youth in our care do not have another safe place to go. We must remain here for these kids, even if one of them becomes ill.
As we make adjustments to ensure everyone’s safety and health, we are working to physically separate youth in our care as much as possible to allow for social distancing.
I know the generosity of this community. If you are able, please consider making a monetary donation at this time of urgent need to help us continue safe care for kids in our community.
As the situation evolves, we may continue to have updates. I assure you that through it all we will lead with our mission to help children and youth achieve safety, stability and enduring family relationships.
Please click the link below to make a donation today or call 402-434-5437.