Child Specialist, Clinton and Hartley Community Learning Centers (Lincoln, NE)
CEDARS is hiring three CLC Staff to join our Clinton and Hartley Community Learning Center Team!
WHO WE ARE:
At CEDARS, we are a team of professionals with a deep commitment to caring. As a team, CEDARS vision is strong. We strive to be:
- fully devoted to our mission of helping kids in crisis and building strong families,
- are committed to building a team that represents a variety of background and perspectives,
- known for the quality of our services, persistent in our organizational integrity,
- successful as an independent leader in the protection and development of vulnerable children and the strengthening of their families,
- strong in our human and financial resources,
- and balanced as we meet the needs of our children and families today, while building our organizational strength to provide quality services in the future.
WHAT WE DO:
For nearly 75 years, thousands of kids and families have found refuge and a new beginning at CEDARS. One of Nebraska’s most trusted child-service organizations, CEDARS makes sure that kids feel safe and secure. At the same time, we’re giving parents, foster families, and partnering agencies the support they need to care effectively for kids.
DIVERSITY AT CEDARS:
At CEDARS, we embrace diversity, and we know the journey towards belonging never ends. Click (here) to learn more about our journey.
THE CEDARS COMMUNITY LEARNING CENTER:
- Provides students with positive experiences, enrichment, and academic clubs that help them become lifelong learners
- Is an extension of the school day, and encourages collaboration among the school, community and each child’s family
- Provides safe, supervised and cost-effective before- and after-school and summer enrichment activities for youth
YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE TEAM:
- Work as a CLC Staff for elementary students within our Community Learning Centers
- Work as a CLC Staff within our Community Learning Centers
- Maintain safety of children, most often between ages of 5-11
- Daily documentation of children in care
- Engage children in educational and recreational activities
- Provide support with positive behavior management and structure for children
- Facilitate groups addressing social skills, educational needs, and enrichment activities
- Create and maintain positive relationships with children, families and program staff
SCHEDULE: Flexible schedule Monday-Friday in the mornings and afternoons as available.
RATE OF PAY: $11.45/hour
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- You are a great communicator
- You have classroom management skills
- You have a basic understanding of routines and expectations for school age children
- You have previous experience working with school age children
- You are 19 years of age or older
- You have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You are pursuing a degree in education or related field
- You have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
If you are passionate about helping children and youth and building stronger families, CEDARS may be the right FIT for you!