Family Partner, CEDARS Community Youth Coaching (Beatrice, NE)
CEDARS is hiring Family Partner to join our Community Youth Coaching team serving families throughout Fillmore, Gage, Jefferson, Johnson, Nemaha, Otoe, Pawnee, Richardson, Saline, and Thayer counties.
WHO WE ARE:
At CEDARS, we are a team of professionals with a deep commitment to caring. As a team, CEDARS vision is strong. We strive to be:
- fully devoted to our mission of helping kids in crisis and building strong families,
- committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives,
- known for the quality of our services, persistent in our organizational integrity,
- successful as an independent leader in the protection and development of vulnerable children and the strengthening of their families,
- strong in our human and financial resources,
- and balanced as we meet the needs of our children and families today, while building our organizational strength to provide quality services in the future.
WHAT WE DO:
For nearly 75 years, thousands of kids and families have found refuge and a new beginning at CEDARS. One of Nebraska’s most trusted child-service organizations, CEDARS makes sure that kids feel safe and secure. At the same time, we’re giving parents, foster families, and partnering agencies the support they need to care effectively for kids.
DIVERSITY AT CEDARS:
At CEDARS, we embrace diversity, and we know the journey towards belonging never ends. Click (here) to learn more about our journey.
COMMUNITY YOUTH COACHING is a youth-guided, family-driven service designed to:
- Provide an innovative, strength-based, supportive and individualized alternative to detention
- Strengthen community safety through intensive relationship building, skill building, and positive youth development
- Collaborate with the family in coaching and guiding the youth to influence positive behavior change
YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE TEAM:
- Intentionally engage, develop and maintain enduring relationships with assigned youth and families
- Provide direct-care and individualized coaching in the natural communities and homes of youth and their families
- Provide frequent, meaningful, and intentional contact with assigned youth to develop a mentoring relationship and influence positive behavior change
- Facilitate assessment and service planning with the youth and family
- Provide guidance, teach and model skills to help support the needs of the youth and/or family
- Support assigned youth’s daily schedule, including transportation needs for court, school, and appointments with Probation and other community agencies
- Document all aspects of service delivery and monitoring of service outcomes in a professional and timely manner
- Assist the youth and family in the identification and access of informal supports and other community-based resources
Flexible 40 hr/week schedule. Must be available to work with the family as their schedule allows including non-traditional business hours such as early mornings, nights, weekends and holidays; including rotational on-call availability.
RATE OF PAY:
$16.25 per hour
This is primarily a remote position serving families located anywhere within a regional area including the counties of: Fillmore, Gage, Jefferson, Johnson, Nemaha, Otoe, Pawnee, Richardson, Saline, and Thayer.
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in human services or a closely related field
- You have at least 2 years of experience coaching and skill building with justice-involved youth through Human Services, Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Counseling or related field
- You have prior experience working collaboratively as part of a case management team with children and families
- You have a genuine interest in and concern for all children, youth and families with a strong commitment to child and family centered service delivery and family preservation.
- You understand the underlying issues caused by trauma
- You are sensitive to the cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of the clients and families CEDARS serves
- You have a passion for working collaboratively with other professionals, case managers, schools and the community to ensure consistent and ongoing efforts and progress.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have ability to use electronic data entry retrieval systems and effectively use computers
- You understand the philosophy and function of public assistance and social services systems
- You have access to a reliable vehicle or other means of transportation arranged
- You have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- You thrive in a team-focused environment.
- You are a self-starter, fast learner, adaptable, and possess the ability to work independently.
- You enjoy working as a partner with youth and families in a mentoring type relationship.
If you are passionate about helping children and youth and building stronger families, CEDARS may be the right FIT for you!