Family Partner, CEDARS Tracker/EM/Family Support Services (Lincoln, NE)
CEDARS is hiring a Family Partner to join our Tracker/EM/Family Support Services team.
At CEDARS, we are a team of professionals with a deep commitment to caring. As a team, CEDARS vision is strong. We strive to be:
- fully devoted to our mission,
- committed to building a team that represents a variety of background and perspectives,
- known for the quality of our services,
- persistent in our organizational integrity,
- successful as an independent leader in the protection and development of vulnerable children and the strengthening of their families,
- strong in our human and financial resources,
- and balanced as we meet the needs of our children and families today, while building our organizational strength to provide quality services in the future.
WHAT WE DO:
CEDARS helps children and youth achieve safety, stability, and enduring family relationships. As an organization, we are devoted to helping kids in crisis and building strong families with quality services and persistent integrity. CEDARS has been serving vulnerable children and youth for over 70 years with a committed and experienced staff and a unique wrap-around approach to helping kids and families.
DIVERSITY AT CEDARS:
At CEDARS, we embrace diversity, and we know the journey towards belonging never ends. Click [here] to learn more about our journey.
CEDARS TRACKER/EM/FAMILY SUPPORT TEAM:
- Provides home, school, and community-based support to children, youth, and families
- Collaborates with the youth and families to improve well-being and family functioning
- Supports families in creating positive, productive, and engaged relationships in the home, at school, and with the community
- Aims to build on child, youth, and family strengths to address needs and risks
- Empowers families, youth and children to make appropriate adjustments and improvements to direct their own lives, use community resources more effectively, and become less dependent on service providers
YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE TEAM:
- Coordinate services based on a case plan developed by DHHS or Probation
- Assist with youth and parent interactions and help families gain the knowledge, skills and tools they need to successfully achieve their case plan goals
- Work as part of the overall family team to improve family functioning and assist the family in their goals for safe and stable home environment
- Assist families in areas such as social and relationship skills, as well as the use of appropriate coping skills to manage behavior
- Utilize a Wraparound approach with the goal of diminishing negative behaviors, teaching and modeling new skills, improving child, youth, and family well-being, and improving family interactions
- Supervise visitation for families and may also be responsible for youth court-ordered to be supervised by an electronic monitoring device
Flexible schedule with nights and weekends; 40 hours a week
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- You thrive in a team focused environment
- You are a self-starter and a fast learner
- You enjoy service coordination
- You have a passion for to working collaboratively with schools and other service providers to ensure consistent and ongoing efforts and progress
- You have your bachelor’s degree from an accredited college
- You have least two years of relatable experience
- You have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
If you are passionate about helping children and youth and building stronger families, CEDARS may be the right FIT for you.