Family Partner - Prevention Services, (Lincoln, NE)
Reports To: Program Director, Prevention Services
Rate of Pay: $16.25/hour
Schedule: Monday-Friday with variable 40 hours/week between the hours of 8AM-7PM
At CEDARS, our mission is to help children achieve safety, stability, and enduring family relationships. For nearly 75 years, thousands of kids and families have found refuge and a new beginning at CEDARS. As one of Nebraska’s most trusted child-service organizations, we make sure that kids feel safe and secure. At the same time, we’re giving parents, foster families, and partnering agencies the support they need to care effectively for kids.
This position will work within a split role as a member of the Prevention team, providing in-home parental skill building services through two programs: MGH and HFA. Through the Runaway and Homeless Youth Maternity Group Home (MGH) grant, CEDARS provides transitional independent living services, support, and parental skill building to pregnant and parenting youth ages 16-22 years old. Through Healthy Families America (HFA), CEDARS partners with the Lincoln Lancaster County Health Department to provide long term, early childhood home visitation services to pregnant and newly parenting families with risk factors. In both programs, the Prevention Family Partner provides cases management for families within Lincoln. Both programs are offered voluntarily and free of charge to families.
- Provide case management services to pregnant and parenting youth/families through two models of service.
- Complete weekly home visits and facilitate bi-monthly groups for youth.
- Facilitate an evidence-based curriculum during visits.
- Provide timely administration of various assessments.
- Complete documentation, collect data, and adhere to all requirements of each grant.
- Develop relationships with internal CEDARS teams, as well as the Lincoln Lancaster County Health Department.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred, but consideration is given to all applicants.
- Experience in providing case management.
- Enjoys working with youth and young children.
- Valid Nebraska driver’s license and a good driving record.
- An ability to use electronic data entry retrieval systems and effectively use computers.
- Knowledge of trauma informed care.
- A self-starter who can work independently.
- A collaborative team member who enjoys building relationships with others.
- Good organizational skills, the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong commitment to child and family centered service delivery and family preservation.
As a full-time active employee, you are eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- medical, dental, and vision coverages
- flexible spending accounts and health spending accounts
- personal leave, emergency leave, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- retirement plan with 5% company match
- life & long-term disability insurance
- employee assistance program
- wellness and engagement program
- early childhood childcare discount
- opportunities to collect overtime hours if desired
- shift differentials for overnight hours worked and holidays
- mileage reimbursement
- extensive training and professional development opportunities
At CEDARS, we embrace diversity, and we know the journey towards belonging never ends. Click (here) to learn more about our journey.