Part Time Street Outreach Prevention Coordinator, CEDARS Street Outreach Services (Lincoln, NE)
CEDARS is hiring a Part Time Street Outreach Prevention Coordinator to join our Street Outreach Team! This is a temporary, grant-funded position that will run through 12/31/2021 and will not include benefits.
WHO WE ARE:
At CEDARS, we are a team of professionals with a deep commitment to caring. As a team, CEDARS vision is strong. We strive to be:
- fully devoted to our mission of helping kids in crisis and building strong families,
- known for the quality of our services, persistent in our organizational integrity,
- successful as an independent leader in the protection and development of vulnerable children and the strengthening of their families,
- strong in our human and financial resources,
- and balanced as we meet the needs of our children and families today, while building our organizational strength to provide quality services in the future.
WHAT WE DO:
CEDARS helps children and youth achieve safety, stability, and enduring family relationships. As an organization, we are devoted to helping kids in crisis and building strong families with quality services and persistent integrity. CEDARS has been serving vulnerable children and youth for over 70 years with a committed and experienced staff and a unique wrap-around approach to helping kids and families.
DIVERSITY AT CEDARS:
At CEDARS, we embrace diversity, and we know the journey towards belonging never ends. Click [here] to learn more about our journey.
The Street Outreach Prevention Coordinator is a newly created position within the CEDARS Street Outreach Program. This position is responsible for navigating Lincoln residents in accessing Homeless Prevention programs and has been developed through LPAC (Lincoln Prevention Assistance Community fund) to:
- Complete all necessary resources, referrals, screening, care management and follow-up for Homeless Prevention programs.
- Make referrals to the LPAC using Clarity HMIS
- Assist and ensure households have the necessary documentation including those required for prevention funds.
- Communicate and collect required documentation from landlords and property managers (e.g. W9s, rental agreements, etc.).
- Assist All Doors Lead Home Coordinated Entry staff with consumer and other involved parties’ correspondence
YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE TEAM:
- Provide assistance to Street Outreach participants
- Ensure all documentation and tracking of services is completed and up to date per grant requirements
- Develop and maintain enduring relationships
- Complete assessments at program entry
- Coordinate care and advocate for needs
- Guide program participants through the process of application, qualification, and re-determination for SSI, SSDI, Medicaid, Medicare, SNAP, and other services as needed
SCHEDULE: 30 hours/week Monday-Friday Hours will vary based on the needs of the program
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- You have an associate’s degree in human services or a closely related field
- You have at least 2 years of experience working at-risk or homeless youth
- You are an innovator who is eager to take on new challenges and create connections.
- You are a go-getter who is not afraid to roll up your sleeves and help program participants move in and set up apartments
- You have knowledge or HMIS, HUD, SOAR and State Economic Benefits
- You have access to a reliable vehicle for use
- You have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
If you are passionate about helping children and youth and building stronger families, CEDARS may be the right FIT for you!