Relief Youth Specialist, Program Support Services (Lincoln, NE)
CEDARS is hiring Relief Youth Specialists to support our Pioneers Center and Life Skills Teams!
WHO WE ARE:
At CEDARS, we are a team of professionals with a deep commitment to caring. As a team, CEDARS vision is strong. We strive to be:
- fully devoted to our mission of helping kids in crisis and building strong families,
- known for the quality of our services, persistent in our organizational integrity,
- successful as an independent leader in the protection and development of vulnerable children and the strengthening of their families,
- strong in our human and financial resources,
- and balanced as we meet the needs of our children and families today, while building our organizational strength to provide quality services in the future.
WHAT WE DO:
For nearly 75 years, thousands of kids and families have found refuge and a new beginning at CEDARS. One of Nebraska’s most trusted child-service organizations, CEDARS makes sure that kids feel safe and secure. At the same time, we’re giving parents, foster families, and partnering agencies the support they need to care effectively for kids.
DIVERSITY AT CEDARS:
At CEDARS, we embrace diversity, and we know the journey towards belonging never ends. Click [here] to learn more about our journey.
THE RELIEF YOUTH SPECIALIST PROGRAM:
- Provides additional staff to support our Pioneers Center and Life Skills Center
- Offers coverage during absences of direct care staff
- Allows you to gain relevant work experience within CEDARS Programs
YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE TEAM:
- Cover shifts for direct care staff within our Pioneers and Life Skills Centers when they need time off
- Maintain safety of youth, most often between ages of 12-18
- Provide transportation to and from school, appointments, activities or visits
- Daily documentation of youth in care
- Engage youth in life skills, educational activities and outings
- Provide support during crisis intervention and structure for youth
- Facilitate educational groups addressing job readiness, wellness, social skills, and community service
- Create and maintain positive relationships with youth, families and program staff
Flexible hours will vary based on the needs of the programs and may include day, evening, weekend and overnight hours. A minimum of 10-15 hours per week.
RATE OF PAY: $14.50/hour
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- You are 21 years of age or older
- You have a high school diploma or equivalent and are pursuing a degree in a related area of focus
- You are a go-getter who isn’t afraid to jump right in and help out
- You thrive in a fast paced, flexible environment
- You have a passion for helping youth in crisis and understand how trauma impacts youth development
- You are self-motivated
- You enjoy working collaboratively with other team members and professionals in the agency
- You are a strong communicator
- You have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
If you are passionate about helping children and youth and building stronger families, CEDARS may be the right FIT for you!