Temporary Youth Specialist II-Evening, CEDARS Life Skills Center (Lincoln, NE)
CEDARS is hiring a Part Time Temporary Youth Specialist II to join our Life Skills Center Team!
WHO WE ARE
At CEDARS, we are a team of professionals with a deep commitment to caring. As a team, CEDARS vision is strong. We strive to be:
- fully devoted to our mission of helping kids in crisis and building strong families,
- committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives,
- known for the quality of our services, persistent in our organizational integrity,
- successful as an independent leader in the protection and development of vulnerable children and the strengthening of their families,
- strong in our human and financial resources,
- and balanced as we meet the needs of our children and families today, while building our organizational strength to provide quality services in the future.
WHAT WE DO:
For nearly 75 years, thousands of kids and families have found refuge and a new beginning at CEDARS. One of Nebraska’s most trusted child-service organizations, CEDARS makes sure that kids feel safe and secure. At the same time, we’re giving parents, foster families, and partnering agencies the support they need to care effectively for kids.
DIVERSITY AT CEDARS:
At CEDARS, we embrace diversity, and we know the journey towards belonging never ends. Click (here) to learn more about our journey.
THE CEDARS LIFE SKILLS CENTER TEAM:
- Offers two structured reporting programs for youth in need of stabilization, transition, and reunification back into the community
- Assists youth through educational support, college preparation, community service hours, life skills education, and job readiness training
- Emphasizes restorative justice practices to encourage healthier behaviors while preventing further juvenile crime
YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE TEAM:
- Assist youth program participants in successful completion of the programming goals identified
- Facilitate service approaches to meet the needs of youth participants while working to improve peer relationships, build strong decision-making skills
- Assist youth in obtaining and maintaining employment and improve the youth's overall cognitive behavior
- Provide case management and documentation
- Facilitate educational groups addressing job readiness, wellness, social skills, critical thinking, and community service
- Create and maintain positive relationships with youth, families and community partners
- Provide transportation to and from programming (in agency vehicle)
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 4:00pm-9:00pm. Please note that these hours will vary based on the number of youth in the program on any given day. There may be days when there are no youth present in which case, staff will not be working.
SALARY: $16.00 per hour
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- You have some education in human services or a related field, bachelor's degree preferred
- You have experience working with youth and families
- You have experience facilitating groups for youth
- You are a strong communicator
- You are flexible and reliable
- You have knowledge of the juvenile justice system and human service organizations
- You understand how trauma impacts youth development
- You enjoy working collaboratively with other professionals
- You have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
If you are passionate about helping children and youth and building stronger families, CEDARS may be the right FIT for you!