Accounts Payable Specialist, CEDARS Accounting Department (Lincoln, NE)
CEDARS is hiring an Accounts Payable Specialist to Join our Accounting Team!
WHO WE ARE:
At CEDARS, we are a team of professionals with a deep commitment to caring. As a team, CEDARS vision is strong. We strive to be:
- fully devoted to our mission of helping kids in crisis and building strong families,
- committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives,
- known for the quality of our services, persistent in our organizational integrity,
- successful as an independent leader in the protection and development of vulnerable children and the strengthening of their families,
- strong in our human and financial resources,
- and balanced as we meet the needs of our children and families today, while building our organizational strength to provide quality services in the future.
WHAT WE DO:
For nearly 75 years, thousands of kids and families have found refuge and a new beginning at CEDARS. One of Nebraska’s most trusted child-service organizations, CEDARS makes sure that kids feel safe and secure. At the same time, we’re giving parents, foster families, and partnering agencies the support they need to care effectively for kids.
DIVERSITY AT CEDARS:
At CEDARS, we embrace diversity, and we know the journey towards belonging never ends. Click (here) to learn more about our journey.
THE CEDARS ACCOUNTING TEAM:
Performs day to day processing of financial transactions to ensure CEDARS financial system can produce timely and accurate financial information.
YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE TEAM:
- Use Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) in day-to-day work functions with one or more of the following WinTeam software modules: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and/or Payroll
- Accurately code and pay invoices for two companies and multiple cost centers
- Recognize and update changes in payment splits and program shifts
- Track, calculate, and prepare payments for monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual processes
- Reconcile, record, and pay credit cards
- Obtain proper documentation and enforce procedural compliance
- Compare data sources to detect errors and discrepancies
- Perform timely account reconciliations for all related general ledger accounts to ensure the integrity of work performed
- Provide general accounting support to all programs
- Assist in monthly financial statement and report preparation
- File documents regularly
SCHEDULE: We are seeking either a full time employee to work M-F 8am-4:30pm or a flexible part time schedule that will be determined based on the availability of the applicant.
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- You hold an associate’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in accounting, business, or finance; bachelor’s degree preferred
- You are a self-starter
- You are proficient with Excel
- You have exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- You work well under pressure and consistently meet deadlines
- You have an understanding and respect for confidentiality
- You are bondable and trustworthy
- You have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- You take pride in delivering excellent internal and external customer service
- You provide clear, concise, and friendly written and verbal communication
- If you are passionate about helping children and youth and building stronger families, CEDARS may be the right FIT for you!