Assistant Program Director, Foster Care (Lincoln, NE)
Reports To: Foster Care Program Director
Schedule: Monday through Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm; May include some weekends and evenings as well as participation in the on-call rotation.
Rate of Pay: $21.75/hour
At CEDARS, our mission is to help children achieve safety, stability, and enduring family relationships. For nearly 75 years, thousands of kids and families have found refuge and a new beginning at CEDARS. As one of Nebraska’s most trusted child-service organizations, we make sure that kids feel safe and secure. At the same time, we’re giving parents, foster families, and partnering agencies the support they need to care effectively for kids.
The CEDARS Foster Care team works closely with children, biological parents, and foster families to build and maintain healthy relationships. We serve children birth to 18 years of age whose needs can be met in a structured, nurturing, specialized foster home environment. We help youth move from crisis to a stable situation all the while working to either return the youth home safely or find permanency in the form of adoption, guardianship, or independent living. Respite care, support groups and extensive training opportunities are also available for kids and families, as well as 24 hour support.
- Provide supervision and consultation with identified staff in the direct provision of services to children, youth, and families.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate assigned staff in conjunction with Program Director.
- Facilitate emergency and planned foster care placements
- Act as a liaison between Foster Care and the Pioneers Center to decrease the length of stay for youth whose discharge plan is Foster Care
- Assist with foster parent recruitment efforts.
- Provide ongoing training, support, and safety planning to CEDARS foster homes
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation for program records
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations and licensing requirements
- Evaluate and determine appropriate child and foster family matches
- Advocate for foster and biological families in the foster care system
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, human services, psychology or closely related field
- At least 2 years of experience working with children and families and/or other work related experience is preferred
- Must have a genuine interest in and concern for all youth and families
- Strong relationship skills, organizational and communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- Knowledge of trauma informed care
- Autonomous worker who can manage time wisely
- Excellent computer skills
- A collaborative team member who enjoys building relationships with others
As a full-time active employee, you are eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- medical, dental, and vision coverages
- flexible spending accounts and health spending accounts
- personal leave, emergency leave, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- retirement plan with 5% company match
- life & long-term disability insurance
- employee assistance program
- wellness and engagement program
- early childhood childcare discount
- opportunities to collect overtime hours if desired
- shift differentials for overnight hours worked and holidays
- mileage reimbursement
- extensive training and professional development opportunities
At CEDARS, we embrace diversity, and we know the journey towards belonging never ends. Click (here) to learn more about our journey.