Family Partner II, CEDARS Ecological In-Home Family Services (Lincoln, NE)
CEDARS is hiring a Family Partner II to join our Ecological In-Home Family Services Team serving families throughout Lancaster, Butler, Seward, York, and Saunders Counties.
WHO WE ARE:
At CEDARS, we are a team of professionals with a deep commitment to caring. As a team, CEDARS vision is strong. We strive to be:
- fully devoted to our mission of helping kids in crisis and building strong families,
- known for the quality of our services, persistent in our organizational integrity,
- successful as an independent leader in the protection and development of vulnerable children and the strengthening of their families,
- strong in our human and financial resources,
- and balanced as we meet the needs of our children and families today, while building our organizational strength to provide quality services in the future.
WHAT WE DO:
For nearly 75 years, thousands of kids and families have found refuge and a new beginning at CEDARS. One of Nebraska’s most trusted child-service organizations, CEDARS makes sure that kids feel safe and secure. At the same time, we’re giving parents, foster families, and partnering agencies the support they need to care effectively for kids.
DIVERSITY AT CEDARS:
At CEDARS, we embrace diversity, and we know the journey towards belonging never ends. Click (here) to learn more about our journey.
THE ECOLOGICAL IN-HOME FAMILY SERVICES TEAM utilizes a strength-based intervention model designed to:
- Reduce youth and family risk factors contributing to delinquent behaviors while increasing youth and family protective factors
- Improve family functioning and long-term family stability
- Work collaboratively between probation officers, youth, schools, mental health professionals, family members and others as identified by the family
- Increase youth and community safety by promoting healthy development and functioning of those served
YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE TEAM:
- Develop and maintain an enduring relationship with assigned youth and families
- Provide direct-care and in-home intervention to children, youth and their families using the Ecological In-Home Family Service Model (EIHFS)
- Work to find positive solutions to problems and provide children and their families with skill-based support through the teaching of life skills and behavioral techniques
- Facilitate assessment and service planning with the family
- Teach and model skills to help support the needs of the family
- Document all aspects of service delivery and monitor service outcomes
- Assist the family in accessing informal supports and other community-based resources
Flexible 40 hr/week schedule. Must be available to work with the family as their schedule allows including non-traditional business hours such as early mornings, nights, weekends and holidays; including rotational availability to provide crisis response.
RATE OF PAY: $17.25/hour
This position will primarily serve families located anywhere within Lancaster, Butler, Seward, York, and Saunders counties.
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- It is preferred that you have a bachelor’s degree in human services or a closely related field
- You have at least 2 years of experience with case coordination and team leadership in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, counseling or related field
- You have prior experience working in a case management role with children and families
- You have a genuine interest in and concern for all children, youth and families with a strong commitment to child and family centered service delivery and family preservation.
- You understand the underlying issues caused by trauma
- You are sensitive to the cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of the clients and families CEDARS serves
- You are adaptable and possess the ability to work independently, as part of a team, and collaboratively with other professionals in the organization and the community
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have ability to use electronic data entry retrieval systems and effectively use computers
- You understand the philosophy and function of public assistance and social services systems
- You have access to a reliable vehicle or other means of transportation arranged
- You have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
If you are passionate about helping children and youth and building stronger families, CEDARS may be the right FIT for you!