Nutrition Specialist II, Support Services (Lincoln, NE)
Reports To: Associate Director of Support Services
Rate of Pay: $13.90/hour
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 10:00 AM-2:00 PM
At CEDARS, our mission is to help children achieve safety, stability, and enduring family relationships. For nearly 75 years, thousands of kids and families have found refuge and a new beginning at CEDARS. As one of Nebraska’s most trusted child-service organizations, we make sure that kids feel safe and secure. At the same time, we’re giving parents, foster families, and partnering agencies the support they need to care effectively for kids.
The CEDARS Nutrition staff provide daily nutritious meals for the youth served in our Pioneers Center and Life Skills Center. The Nutrition Specialist assists with meal preparation and service as well as maintaining sanitary work conditions for all food and dining areas and appliances.
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals and snacks to clients in CEDARS care.
- Maintain a clean environment pf all food areas and appliances in CEDARS brand new kitchen and dining room.
- Ensure appropriate health standards are maintained in the food service area.
- Stay in compliance with the Nebraska Food Code and USDA National School Lunch (NSLP) standards.
- Must have a high school diploma or the equivalent.
- Knowledge of food nutrition, preparation, safety, and experience working in food service.
- A valid driver's license with a good driving record.
- Must have or obtain a Prep Cook Food Handler Permit within 30 days.
- Detail-orientated, self-directed, and flexible.
- Possess excellent communication along with the ability to complete multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under the direction of several staff, have concrete problem-solving skills and must be able to identify what needs to be done and the most efficient way to complete it.
As a part-time active employee, you are eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- flexible spending account
- personal leave, emergency leave, and paid holidays
- retirement plan with company match
- employee assistance program
- wellness and engagement program
- early childhood childcare discount
At CEDARS, we embrace diversity, and we know the journey towards belonging never ends. Click (here) to learn more about our journey.
If you are passionate about helping children and youth and building stronger families, CEDARS may be the right FIT for you!