Part Time Assistant Teacher/Floater, CEDARS Early Childhood Development Center (Lincoln, NE)
CEDARS is hiring an Assistant Teacher/Floater to join our Northbridge Early Childhood Development Center Team!
WHO WE ARE:
At CEDARS, we are a team of professionals with a deep commitment to caring. As a team, CEDARS vision is strong. We strive to be:
- fully devoted to our mission of helping kids in crisis and building strong families,
- committed to building a team that represents a variety of background and perspectives,
- known for the quality of our services, persistent in our organizational integrity,
- successful as an independent leader in the protection and development of vulnerable children and the strengthening of their families,
- strong in our human and financial resources,
- and balanced as we meet the needs of our children and families today, while building our organizational strength to provide quality services in the future.
WHAT WE DO:
For nearly 75 years, thousands of kids and families have found refuge and a new beginning at CEDARS. One of Nebraska’s most trusted child-service organizations, CEDARS makes sure that kids feel safe and secure. At the same time, we’re giving parents, foster families, and partnering agencies the support they need to care effectively for kids.
DIVERSITY AT CEDARS:
At CEDARS, we embrace diversity, and we know the journey towards belonging never ends. Click [here] to learn more about our journey.
CEDARS NORTHBRIDGE EARLY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT CENTER:
- Serves children, ages six weeks to six years
- Utilizes Creative Curriculum Gold Edition and continuity of care where the teacher and four children transition together to classrooms from birth to age three and ages three to five
- Is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- Offers the benefit of an early childhood and family therapist
YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE TEAM:
- Create and maintain a safe, nurturing, culturally appropriate environment. This includes positive role modeling, effective supervision of children and behavior management, organizing and carrying out curriculum activities
- Responsible for meeting the needs of children in care.
- Assist in multiple rooms across the Early Childhood Development Center, depending on need (Does that sound ok?)
- Provide breaks throughout the day to teachers
- Engage children in educational and recreational activities
- Provide support with positive behavior management and structure for children
- Provide parents with relevant child development information, positive communication regarding their child and follow through on reasonable parent requests.
- Establish and maintain relationships with families that foster trust and respect.
- Participate in ongoing professional development opportunities, and attend mandatory trainings including curriculum and agency required training.
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 12:00p-5:30p
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- You are at least 19 years of age
- You have a current CDA credential or at least 12 college credits in early childhood education, child development, elementary education, or early childhood special education. One year of experience working with young children and families in a professional role is preferred
- You have a genuine interest in and concern for children, youth and their families
- You are sensitive to the cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of the clients and families we serve
- You have a current Nebraska driver’s license and a good driving record
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills
If you are passionate about helping children and youth and building stronger families, CEDARS may be the right FIT for you!