Therapist/Clinical Consultant I, CEDARS Clinical Services (Lincoln, NE)
CEDARS is hiring a Therapist/Clinical Consultant to join our Clinical Team!
WHO WE ARE:
At CEDARS, we are a team of professionals with a deep commitment to caring. As a team, CEDARS vision is strong. We strive to be:
- fully devoted to our mission of helping kids in crisis and building strong families,
- committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives,
- known for the quality of our services, persistent in our organizational integrity,
- successful as an independent leader in the protection and development of vulnerable children and the strengthening of their families,
- strong in our human and financial resources,
- and balanced as we meet the needs of our children and families today, while building our organizational strength to provide quality services in the future.
WHAT WE DO:
For nearly 75 years, thousands of kids and families have found refuge and a new beginning at CEDARS. One of Nebraska’s most trusted child-service organizations, CEDARS makes sure that kids feel safe and secure. At the same time, we’re giving parents, foster families, and partnering agencies the support they need to care effectively for kids.
DIVERSITY AT CEDARS:
At CEDARS, we embrace diversity, and we know the journey towards belonging never ends. Click (here) to learn more about our journey.
THE CEDARS CLINICAL TEAM:
- Provides therapeutic services for children, youth, and families in CEDARS care
- Offers clinical consultation and training for programs and direct care staff to best meet client needs
- Provides crisis stabilization, clinical support to programs, and outpatient treatment services to address clients’ behavioral and mental health needs
- Provides clinical services through in person, telehealth, and at times in-home
YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE TEAM:
- Conduct assessments and develop treatment plans
- Provide direct counseling services
- Monitor the achievement of goals for assigned clients and families
- Function as an effective member of the interdisciplinary team
- Provide intensive clinical support to assigned programs to ensure a therapeutic environment for all clients
- Work closely with the CEDARS emergency shelter to provide crisis stabilization services to youth in care
SCHEDULE: 40 hours with variable and flexible scheduling, but will include some evening hours and occasional on-call support.
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- You have a genuine care and concern for children and families
- You meet the requirement for licensure for mental health practice in Nebraska
- You have full licensure (LMHP) or are a highly qualified provisionally licensed applicant (PLMHP) with relevant clinical experience
- You have 2 or more years of experience working with children, youth, and families
- You are an autonomous worker who can manage time wisely
- You possess strong clinical skills in evidence based treatments
- You are organized and able to maintain client files
- You have knowledge about the impact of trauma on children
- You have a valid driver’s license
If you are passionate about helping children and youth and building stronger families, CEDARS may be the right FIT for you!