Director of Accounting, CEDARS (Lincoln, NE)
CEDARS is hiring a Director of Accounting to Lead our Accounting Team!
WHO WE ARE:
At CEDARS, we are a team of professionals with a deep commitment to caring. As a team, CEDARS vision is strong. We strive to be:
- fully devoted to our mission of helping kids in crisis and building strong families,
- committed to building a team that represents a variety of background and perspectives,
- known for the quality of our services, persistent in our organizational integrity,
- successful as an independent leader in the protection and development of vulnerable children and the strengthening of their families,
- ]strong in our human and financial resources,
- and balanced as we meet the needs of our children and families today, while building our organizational strength to provide quality services in the future.
WHAT WE DO:
CEDARS helps children and youth achieve safety, stability, and enduring family relationships. As an organization, we are devoted to helping kids in crisis and building strong families with quality services and persistent integrity. CEDARS has been serving vulnerable children and youth for over 70 years with a committed and experienced staff and a unique wrap-around approach to helping kids and families.
THE CEDARS ACCOUNTING TEAM:
Performs day to day processing of financial transactions to ensure CEDARS financial system can produce timely and accurate financial information
YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE TEAM:
- Responsible for the overall financial management of CEDARS grants.
- Work closely with the Accounting Team in the production of monthly financial statements and all other financial reporting in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Partner with Program Directors to review, analyze and interpret financial and budget reports as needed.
- Participate with the CFO and Accounting Managers, to plan and direct the annual budgeting process for the agency and its programs.
- Assist with annual audit and the preparation of the budget portion of grants and contracts.
- Responsible for the training, supervision, evaluation and coordination of responsibilities for the Accounting Managers.
- Develop, implement and monitor a system of internal control processes and procedures to ensure the integrity of all fiscal functions within CEDARS.
Monday through Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- You have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in accounting or closely related field. Five years of experience in fiscal management and supervision is required
- You are Certified/Licensed as a CPA professional
- You are bondable and trustworthy
- You have an understanding and respect for internal accounting controls and confidential information
- You have exceptional organizational skills
- You thrive in a team focused environment and possess the ability to establish effective, professional working relationships with CEDARS managers, directors and officers
If you are passionate about helping children and youth and building stronger families, CEDARS may be the right FIT for you! CEDARS is an equal opportunity employer. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.