Facilities Maintenance Assistant, CEDARS (Lincoln, NE)
CEDARS is hiring a Maintenance Assistant to Join our Facilities Maintenance Team!
WHO WE ARE:
At CEDARS, we are a team of professionals with a deep commitment to caring. As a team, CEDARS vision is strong. We strive to be:
- fully devoted to our mission of helping kids in crisis and building strong families,
- committed to building a team that represents a variety of background and perspectives,
- known for the quality of our services, persistent in our organizational integrity,
- successful as an independent leader in the protection and development of vulnerable children and the strengthening of their families,
- strong in our human and financial resources,
- and balanced as we meet the needs of our children and families today, while building our organizational strength to provide quality services in the future.
WHAT WE DO:
CEDARS helps children and youth achieve safety, stability, and enduring family relationships. As an organization, we are devoted to helping kids in crisis and building strong families with quality services and persistent integrity. CEDARS has been serving vulnerable children and youth for over 70 years with a committed and experienced staff and a unique wrap-around approach to helping kids and families.
THE FACILITIES MAINTENANCE TEAM:
Is responsible for the overall grounds-keeping, maintenance and repair of CEDARS Youth Services’ Properties
YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE TEAM:
- Assist with day-to-day maintenance needs of the CEDARS Youth Services program areas (i.e. repairs, painting, yard work, etc.)
- Provide routine maintenance checklists in coordination with supervision, to establish maintenance schedule for painting and other appearance needs of facility
- Prioritize and complete repair requests as received from supervisor
- Provide scheduled maintenance checks for certain appliances (i.e. washers, dryers, etc)
- Provide other maintenance activities as assigned by supervisor
- Provide/coordinate outdoor ground maintenance through regular mowing, trimming, watering and edging
- Provide/coordinate snow removal in parking lots and sidewalks during winter months
- As assigned, serve as part of on –call rotation to meet the maintenance needs of the organization on weekends, holidays and non traditional business hours
Monday through Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- You have a high school education or the equivalent
- You are self-motivated individual with strong time management skills
- You have access to a reliable vehicle and own hand tools
- You are knowledgeable in the area of general repair of HVAC, carpentry, plumbing and electrical
- You possess ability to maintain ongoing maintenance schedules (monthly, quarterly and yearly needs) and make recommendations regarding maintenance needs for the facilities
- You are a team player who enjoys working cooperatively with a number of individuals including program staff, volunteers, vendors and clients
*Must be able to lift 75 lbs
If you are passionate about helping children and youth and building stronger families, CEDARS may be the right FIT for you! CEDARS is an equal opportunity employer.