Family Partner, CEDARS Reception Center (Lincoln, NE)
CEDARS is hiring a Full Time Family Partner to join our Reception Center Team!
WHO WE ARE:
At CEDARS, we are a team of professionals with a deep commitment to caring. As a team, CEDARS vision is strong. We strive to be:
- fully devoted to our mission of helping kids in crisis and building strong families,
- committed to building a team that represents a variety of background and perspectives,
- known for the quality of our services, persistent in our organizational integrity,
- successful as an independent leader in the protection and development of vulnerable children and the strengthening of their families,
- strong in our human and financial resources,
- and balanced as we meet the needs of our children and families today, while building our organizational strength to provide quality services in the future.
WHAT WE DO:
CEDARS helps children and youth achieve safety, stability, and enduring family relationships. As an organization, we are devoted to helping kids in crisis and building strong families with quality services and persistent integrity. CEDARS has been serving vulnerable children and youth for over 70 years with a committed and experienced staff and a unique wrap-around approach to helping kids and families.
THE CEDARS RECEPTION CENTER:
- Is a collaborative effort between Nebraska State Probation, local law enforcement and CEDARS to provide youth with the least restrictive environment possible for intake screenings during high needs times, as indicated by national best practice
- Promotes the most appropriate services for youth and families
- Aims to prevent young people from further delinquent or criminal behavior
- Supports the young person’s full and just participation in society
YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE TEAM:
- Work closely with Nebraska State Probation and local law enforcement to provide a safe and comfortable environment for conducting screenings and assessments in the least restrictive manner possible
- Initiate an individualized screening and assessment process to be submitted to the courts and used in the case management process
- Provide assistance to the youth by connecting them with community-based resources
- Support the family in meeting their needs
Awake Overnight: Sunday-Thursday 10:30pm- 6:30am
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, human services or a related field
- You have at least 2 years of experience working with youth involved in the juvenile justice system and their families
- You enjoy being challenged daily
- You have a genuine interest in working with and advocating for at risk youth and families
- You have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
If you are passionate about helping children and youth and building stronger families, CEDARS may be the right FIT for you! CEDARS is an equal opportunity employer. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.