Overnight/Awake Relief Specialist, CEDARS Pioneers Center (Lincoln, NE)
CEDARS is hiring Overnight/Awake Relief Youth Specialists to support our Pioneers Center Team!
WHO WE ARE:
At CEDARS, we are a team of professionals with a deep commitment to caring. As a team, CEDARS vision is strong. We strive to be:
- fully devoted to our mission of helping kids in crisis and building strong families,
- known for the quality of our services, persistent in our organizational integrity,
- successful as an independent leader in the protection and development of vulnerable children and the strengthening of their families,
- strong in our human and financial resources,
- and balanced as we meet the needs of our children and families today, while building our organizational strength to provide quality services in the future.
WHAT WE DO:
CEDARS helps children and youth achieve safety, stability, and enduring family relationships. As an organization, we are devoted to helping kids in crisis and building strong families with quality services and persistent integrity. CEDARS has been serving vulnerable children and youth for over 70 years with a committed and experienced staff and a unique wrap-around approach to helping kids and families.
DIVERSITY AT CEDARS:
At CEDARS, we embrace diversity, and we know the journey towards belonging never ends. Click [here] to learn more about our journey.
THE RELIEF YOUTH SPECIALIST PROGRAM:
- Provides additional overnight/awake staff to support our Pioneers Center
- Offers coverage during absences of direct care staff
- Allows you to gain relevant work experience within CEDARS Programs
YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE TEAM:
- Cover overnight/awake shifts for direct care staff within our Pioneers Centers when they need time off
- Maintain safety of youth, most often between ages of 12-18
- Daily documentation of youth in care
- Provide support during crisis intervention and structure for youth
- Create and maintain positive relationships with youth, families and program staff
Flexible hours will vary based on the needs of the programs and will include weekend and overnight hours. A minimum of 10-15 hours per week.
RATE OF PAY: $12.50/hour base with additional $1.50 pay differential for overnight and CEDARS holiday hours. *Overnight/awake hours consists of all hours worked between 10:30p-6:30a*
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- You have a high school diploma or equivalent and are pursuing a degree in a related area of focus
- You are a go-getter who isn’t afraid to jump right in and help out
- You thrive in a fast paced, flexible environment
- You have a passion for helping youth in crisis and understand how trauma impacts youth development
- You are self-motivated
- You enjoy working collaboratively with other team members and professionals in the agency
- You are a strong communicator
- You have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
If you are passionate about helping children and youth and building stronger families, CEDARS may be the right FIT for you!