Part Time Assistant Teacher, CEDARS Northbridge Early Childhood Development Center (Lincoln, NE)
CEDARS is hiring an Assistant Teacher to join our Northbridge Early Childhood Development Center Team!
WHO WE ARE:
At CEDARS, we are a team of professionals with a deep commitment to caring. As a team, CEDARS vision is strong. We strive to be:
- fully devoted to our mission of helping kids in crisis and building strong families,
- known for the quality of our services, persistent in our organizational integrity,
- successful as an independent leader in the protection and development of vulnerable children and the strengthening of their families,
- strong in our human and financial resources,
- and balanced as we meet the needs of our children and families today, while building our organizational strength to provide quality services in the future.
WHAT WE DO:
CEDARS helps children and youth achieve safety, stability, and enduring family relationships. As an organization, we are devoted to helping kids in crisis and building strong families with quality services and persistent integrity. CEDARS has been serving vulnerable children and youth for over 70 years with a committed and experienced staff and a unique wrap-around approach to helping kids and families.
CEDARS NORTHBRIDGE EARLY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT CENTER:
- Serves children, ages six weeks to six years
- Utilizes Creative Curriculum Gold Edition and continuity of care where the teacher and four children transition together to classrooms from birth to age three and ages three to five
- Is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- Offers the benefit of an early childhood and family therapist
YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE TEAM:
- Create and maintain a safe, nurturing, culturally appropriate environment. This includes positive role modeling, effective supervision of children and behavior management, organizing and carrying out curriculum activities and individual planning for children.
- Responsible for meeting the needs of children in care. This includes, assisting the lead teacher in the development and implementation of each child’s or classrooms daily schedule for health, transportation, meals, rest and curriculum activities.
- Document complete and accurate information regarding children according to the organization’s policies and procedures. This may include incident reports, daily communication with parents, and other required program documentation as needed.
- Assist Lead Teacher in planning classroom and individual studies and themes, routine care, and classroom environments.
- Provide parents with relevant child development information, positive communication regarding their child and follow through on reasonable parent requests.
- Establish and maintain relationships with families that foster trust and respect.
- Participate in ongoing professional development opportunities, and attend mandatory trainings including curriculum and agency required training.
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday 3:15pm-5:30pm
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- You are at least 19 years of age
- You have a current CDA credential or at least 12 college credits in early childhood education, child development, elementary education, or early childhood special education. One year of experience working with young children and families in a professional role is preferred
- You have a genuine interest in and concern for children, youth and their families
- You are sensitive to the cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of the clients and families we serve
- You have a current Nebraska driver’s license and a good driving record
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills
DIVERSITY AT CEDARS:
CEDARS is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of background and perspectives. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
If you are passionate about helping children and youth and building stronger families, CEDARS may be the right FIT for you!