Substitute Child Specialist, CEDARS Early Childhood Development Center and Community Learning Centers (Lincoln, NE)
CEDARS is hiring Substitute Child Specialists to support our Community Learning Centers and Early Childhood Development Center
WHO WE ARE:
At CEDARS, we are a team of professionals with a deep commitment to caring. As a team, CEDARS vision is strong. We strive to be:
- fully devoted to our mission of helping kids in crisis and building strong families,
- known for the quality of our services, persistent in our organizational integrity,
- successful as an independent leader in the protection and development of vulnerable children and the strengthening of their families,
- strong in our human and financial resources,
- and balanced as we meet the needs of our children and families today, while building our organizational strength to provide quality services in the future.
WHAT WE DO:
CEDARS helps children and youth achieve safety, stability, and enduring family relationships. As an organization, we are devoted to helping kids in crisis and building strong families with quality services and persistent integrity. CEDARS has been serving vulnerable children and youth for over 70 years with a committed and experienced staff and a unique wrap-around approach to helping kids and families.
SUBSTITUTE CHILD SPECIALIST PROGRAM:
- Provides additional staff to support our After School Programs and Early Childhood Development Center
- Offers coverage during absences of direct care staff
- Allows you to gain relevant work experience within CEDARS Programs
YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE TEAM:
- Cover shifts for direct care staff within our Community Learning Centers and Early Childhood Development Center when they need time off
- Maintain safety of children, most often between ages of 0-11
- Daily documentation of children in care
- Engage children in educational and recreational activities
- Provide support with positive behavior management and structure for children
- Facilitate groups addressing social skills, educational needs, and enrichment activities
- Create and maintain positive relationships with children, families and program staff
Flexible hours will vary based on the needs of the programs and may include day or evening hours, A minimum of 10 hours per week.
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- You are at least 19 years of age
- You are a go-getter who isn’t afraid to jump right in and help out
- You thrive in a fast paced, flexible environment
- You have a passion for helping children in crisis and understand how trauma impacts child development
- You are self-motivated
- You enjoy working collaboratively with other team members and professionals in the agency
- You are a strong communicator
- You have a high school diploma or equivalent and are pursuing a degree in a related area of focus
- You have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
DIVERSITY AT CEDARS:
CEDARS is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
If you are passionate about helping children and youth and building stronger families, CEDARS may be the right FIT for you!