Communications Specialist, CEDARS (Lincoln, NE)
CEDARS is hiring Communications Specialist to join our team!
WHO WE ARE:
At CEDARS, we are a team of professionals with a deep commitment to caring. As a team, CEDARS vision is strong. We strive to be:
- fully devoted to our mission of helping kids in crisis and building strong families,
- committed to building a team that represents a variety of background and perspectives,
- known for the quality of our services, persistent in our organizational integrity,
- successful as an independent leader in the protection and development of vulnerable children and the strengthening of their families,
- strong in our human and financial resources,
- and balanced as we meet the needs of our children and families today, while building our organizational strength to provide quality services in the future.
WHAT WE DO:
One of Nebraska’s largest child and family serving organizations, CEDARS is driven by our mission to help children and youth achieve safety, stability and enduring family relationships.
The communications specialist supports the development and implementation of a wide variety of marketing, promotional, and fundraising communications that effectively promote and advance the mission of CEDARS.
YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE COMMUNICATIONS TEAM:
- Produce materials that communicate the CEDARS message(s)and establish a positive association between CEDARS and its various constituents in an original, creative, and easy to understand style consistent with the established brand.
- Write and design comprehensive and compelling communications materials for a variety of media, which may include but is not limited to: ads, press releases, newsletters, social media posts and website content.
- Implement and coordinate in-house and external production of communication materials.
- Provide communications and marketing guidance and expertise to other members of the CEDARS staff team to enhance their job-related efforts.
- Maintain files for the Communications Department and effectively respond to incoming requests for materials and support.
- Provide communications support for events.
- Maintain highly effective relationships with vendors, media, and community members that bring additional awareness to the work of CEDARS.
- Bring forward new ideas, marketing outlets and mediums that may create a better opportunity for CEDARS message to be delivered and received.
Flexible 40 hr/week schedule
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations or related field
- You have previous experience with marketing, preferably in the nonprofit sector
- You are a team player
- You are motivated by CEDARS mission
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You possess the ability to perform a variety of task simultaneously with varying deadlines and limited supervision
- You have experience with Adobe products, web content development, and public relations
If you are passionate about helping children and youth and building stronger families, CEDARS may be the right FIT for you! CEDARS is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of background and perspectives. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.