Youth Specialist II- Overnight/Awake, CEDARS Pioneers Center (Lincoln, NE)
CEDARS is hiring an Overnight/Awake Part Time Youth Specialist to join our Pioneers Center Team!
WHO WE ARE:
At CEDARS, we are a team of professionals with a deep commitment to caring. As a team, CEDARS vision is strong. We strive to be:
- fully devoted to our mission of helping kids in crisis and building strong families,
- committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives,
- known for the quality of our services, persistent in our organizational integrity,
- successful as an independent leader in the protection and development of vulnerable children and the strengthening of their families,
- strong in our human and financial resources,
- and balanced as we meet the needs of our children and families today, while building our organizational strength to provide quality services in the future.
WHAT WE DO:
CEDARS helps children and youth achieve safety, stability, and enduring family relationships. As an organization, we are devoted to helping kids in crisis and building strong families with quality services and persistent integrity. CEDARS has been serving vulnerable children and youth for over 70 years with a committed and experienced staff and a unique wrap-around approach to helping kids and families.
THE CEDARS PIONEERS CENTER:
- Provides a safe and stable environment for youth to reside following a placement disruption, or for youth experiencing homelessness or who have ran away
- Operates 24/7 for youth ages 12-18
- Offers programming which includes structured groups, recreation, and school support
- Focuses on helping strengthen relationships between youth and their families
- Is designed to be a short-term placement for youth with a goal of stay 3 weeks or less.
YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE TEAM:
- Maintain safety of youth, most often between ages of 12-18
- Provide transportation to and from school, appointments, activities or visits
- Daily documentation of youth in care
- Engage youth in life skills, educational activities and outings
- Provide leadership during crisis intervention and structure for youth
Schedule #3: Saturday-Sunday 10:30p-6:30a (Overnight/Awake)
STARTING RATE OF PAY:
$15 an hour
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- You are pursuing a degree in a related area of focus or have already obtained an associate's or bachelor's degree
- You have a passion for helping youth in crisis
- You are self-motivated
- You enjoy working independently and as a team member in the program at times
- You understand how trauma impacts youth development
- You have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
If you are passionate about helping children and youth and building stronger families, CEDARS may be the right FIT for you! CEDARS is an equal opportunity employer. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.