Join our HR team and get a glimpse of what it takes to develop employees to effectively help youth who have experienced homelessness, abuse, neglect, and other trauma. The Staff Development & Training department is seeking someone with an interest in communications, adult education, nonprofit business administration, psychology, social work, or any other business management/development career. If you are a self-starter, quick learner and want to put your talents to work with an organization with a socially responsible mission, we have an opportunity for you!
This position will support our team by:
- Entering records and helping with employee training compliance tracking.
- Editing newly developed presentations and documents.
- Utilizing google classroom and/or other technology platforms to build self-study modules for employee and foster parent learning opportunities.
- Developing and facilitating "lunch and learn" presentations on topics of relevance for our service population (i.e. apps that foster parents should know about, current substance abuse trends, etc.).
- Assisting in preparation for, set up and tear down of training opportunities.
- Other responsibilities as assigned, or potentially as requested by you. We want this to be a mutually beneficial experience and are dedicated to your professional development as well!
To be considered for this opportunity here is what we need from you:
- Working towards an associates or bachelor’s degree.
- Must be able to commit to 10 hours per week at a minimum between the hours of 8-5 and occasionally on an evening or weekend.
- A minimum commitment of six months, with one year preferred.
- Ability to attend a week of training when beginning the internship.
- Reliability and punctualness.
- A genuine desire to grow, willingness to step outside your comfort zone, and positive attitude.
- Position location - This position is in Lincoln, Nebraska, and will involve work between our North and South Lincoln locations.
Job Type: Internship