Part Time Youth Specialist II, CEDARS Life Skills Center (Lincoln, NE)
CEDARS is hiring a Part Time Youth Specialist II to join our Life Skills Center Team!
WHO WE ARE:
At CEDARS, we are a team of professionals with a deep commitment to caring. As a team, CEDARS vision is strong. We strive to be:
- fully devoted to our mission of helping kids in crisis and building strong families,
- committed to building a team that represents a variety of background and perspectives,
- known for the quality of our services, persistent in our organizational integrity,
- successful as an independent leader in the protection and development of vulnerable children and the strengthening of their families,
- strong in our human and financial resources,
- and balanced as we meet the needs of our children and families today, while building our organizational strength to provide quality services in the future.
WHAT WE DO:
CEDARS helps children and youth achieve safety, stability, and enduring family relationships. As an organization, we are devoted to helping kids in crisis and building strong families with quality services and persistent integrity. CEDARS has been serving vulnerable children and youth for over 70 years with a committed and experienced staff and a unique wrap-around approach to helping kids and families.
DIVERSITY AT CEDARS:
At CEDARS, we embrace diversity, and we know the journey towards belonging never ends. Click [here] to learn more about our journey.
THE CEDARS LIFE SKILLS CENTER TEAM:
- Offers two structured reporting programs for youth in need of stabilization, transition, and reunification back into the community
- Assists youth through educational support, college preparation, community service hours, life skills education, and job readiness training
- Emphasizes restorative justice practices to encourage healthier behaviors while preventing further juvenile crime
YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE TEAM:
- Assist youth program participants in successful completion of the programming goals identified
- Facilitate service approaches to meet the needs of youth participants while working to improve peer relationships, build strong decision-making skills
- Assist youth in obtaining and maintaining employment and improve the youth's overall cognitive behavior
- Provide case management and documentation
- Facilitate educational groups addressing job readiness, wellness, social skills, critical thinking, and community service
- Create and maintain positive relationships with youth, families and community partners
- Provide transportation to and from programming (in agency vehicle)
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 5:30p-9:30p
SALARY: $15.25 per hour
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in human services or a related field
- You have at least 1 year of experience working with youth and families
- You have experience facilitating groups for youth
- You are a strong communicator
- You have knowledge of the juvenile justice system and human service organizations
- You understand how trauma impacts youth development
- You enjoy working collaboratively with other professionals
- You have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
If you are passionate about helping children and youth and building stronger families, CEDARS may be the right FIT for you!