Street Outreach Specialist, CEDARS Street Outreach Program (Lincoln, NE)
CEDARS is hiring a Street Outreach Specialist to join our Street Outreach Team!
WHO WE ARE:
At CEDARS, we are a team of professionals with a deep commitment to caring. As a team, CEDARS vision is strong. We strive to be:
- fully devoted to our mission of helping kids in crisis and building strong families,
- committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives,
- known for the quality of our services, persistent in our organizational integrity,
- successful as an independent leader in the protection and development of vulnerable children and the strengthening of their families,
- strong in our human and financial resources,
- and balanced as we meet the needs of our children and families today, while building our organizational strength to provide quality services in the future.
WHAT WE DO:
CEDARS helps children and youth achieve safety, stability, and enduring family relationships. As an organization, we are devoted to helping kids in crisis and building strong families with quality services and persistent integrity. CEDARS has been serving vulnerable children and youth for over 70 years with a committed and experienced staff and a unique wrap-around approach to helping kids and families.
DIVERSITY AT CEDARS:
At CEDARS, we embrace diversity, and we know the journey towards belonging never ends. Click [here] to learn more about our journey.
THE CEDARS STREET OUTREACH TEAM:
- Provides non-judgmental street and center-based assistance to at-risk and homeless youth ages 13-21
- Supports youth in increasing their financial stability, improving their wellness, and reaching greater self-determination
- Works closely with community stakeholders and other resources to bridge service gaps and meet the needs of the program participants
YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE TEAM:
- Provide assistance to Street Outreach participants
- Ensure all documentation and tracking of services is completed and up to date per grant requirements
- Develop and maintain enduring relationships with assigned youth ages 13-21
- Complete assessments at program entry
- Coordinate care and advocate for youth’s needs
- Guide program participants through the process of application, qualification, and re-determination for SSI, SSDI, Medicaid, Medicare, SNAP, and other services as needed
SCHEDULE: Tuesday-Friday 10a-7p and Sat 10a-1p and hours may vary based on the needs of the program
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in counseling, social work, human services or a closely related field
- You have at least 2 years of experience working at-risk or homeless youth
- You are an innovator who is eager to take on new challenges and create connections.
- You are a go-getter who is not afraid to roll up your sleeves and help program participants move in and set up apartments
- You have knowledge or HMIS, HUD, SOAR and State Economic Benefits
- You have access to a reliable vehicle for use
- You have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
If you are passionate about helping children and youth and building stronger families, CEDARS may be the right FIT for you!