Community Learning Centers
The Community Learning Centers are before and after school programs serving children 5 to 12 years of age at Clinton, Hartley and Randolph elementary schools.
CLC would benefit from 1-3 interns who are interested in child development, education, or related fields and enjoy working directly with elementary age youth.
CLC interns would assist in the following areas:
- developing engaging learning or recreational activities for youth to participate in after-school programming;
- preparing materials for daily lesson plans;
- facilitating clubs on any enrichment, academic, or recreational activity of interest;
- working one-on-one with youth who need additional supports:
- assisting with data entry such as attendance records, club enrollment, or other forms of documentation.
CLC interns who are willing and able to facilitate after-school clubs for a semester can be compensated for their time directly facilitating activities with youth.